Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Report from Ms. Lesley

Berit did great her first week of school.  And then, once she realized that she had to keep going back, she started to not like it so much.  Well, finally she seems to have settled into a nice little routine and there were no tears this week.  In fact, she wanted to walk in by herself, and went and played with the play-dough and didn't even say good-bye to me.  It was actually very comforting to me--knowing that she's finally settling in. 

Every week when I go to pick her up the teacher is just so busy there isn't really an opportunity to chat to see how she is doing.  So, I decided to write her an email.  Here is her response: 

"We feel very blessed to have Berit in our class, she is a very sweet child!!  I will tell you that your sweet daughter had a lot to say today!  I truly believe she is becoming very comfortable here and we think she is doing just great!  At this age, we have to remember that every child is very different.  Some are more developed in their motor skills and others may lack verbal skills.  That is what makes this age so fantastic!  If we notice a skill that one might need more attention to, we will definately set up an environment to make this happen.  I hope this helps a little.  Berit is doing a wonderful job at school.  She engages in free play with her friends and enjoys our art projects.  She is definately becoming more vocal and really is adjusting well."

I love picking her up and getting to see her art projects!  I am going to be one of "Those Moms"....You know-- the one with a fridge covered in artwork.  I never thought that would be me, but I just can't bear to throw anything away just yet!  It's all so cute!

Oh, and let's hope these positive comments from a teacher continue all the way through college :) 


Some of the artist's masterpieces...she was too busy to pose with them.




No comments:

Post a Comment