We love the 4th of July. In 2005 we had a family reunion at my Aunt's house down in Carlsbad, and ever since then it has become a tradition. We haven't made it every year, but we've made it every year since 2008 I believe. 2008 was the last year that Granny was with us-- and ever since then it seems even more important to make the trek down to Carlsbad and gather with family. She would want it that way. She would want us all to have fun on the river, eat ice cream, and just be together.
2011 was no different. We had a great time. Every year seems to be better than the last. We swam, ate, drank and laughed. This year was so much fun because Berit was able to play around and go in the water. She loved it. I hope she will always treasure our time down in Carlsbad as a kid-- much like I did...and still do. Aunt Judy, Uncle Joe, Aunt Franni, and Uncle Jeff are the best hosts and we are very appreciative of their hospitality every year. Here are some pics of our trip.
![]() |
| Meeting Katie for the first time! |
![]() |
| First time in the river! I promise-- she really did like it! |
![]() |
| The Mary Gold Thomas Firecracker Fun Run! |
![]() |
| Granny's famous Oreo ice cream! |
![]() |
Cooling off! Temperatures reached 117 in the sun!
Family Picture!
Sleepy Girl! Carlsbad is hard work! |
No comments:
Post a Comment